To fully appreciate the benefits of Kumkumadi oil in pigmentation of the skin, it is important that we first understand what skin pigmentation and hyperpigmentation really mean.
What does skin pigmentation mean?
When we hear the word ‘pigmentation’, we think of colours. Skin pigmentation is simply the colouring of the skin. The colour of your skin is due to a pigment called melanin. Skin conditions that cause changes to the colour of your skin are called skin pigmentation disorders.
What is hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is a term that describes skin that appears darker. In hyperpigmentation, there is an excessive production of the natural skin pigment, melanin, which is transferred to the top layer of the skin, making it darker. Most times, hyperpigmentation is harmless. But sometimes, it could be a pointer to an underlying medical condition. However, in most people, hyperpigmentation is simply a cosmetic issue. Hyperpigmentation may affect the whole body or cover large skin areas. It may also occur in small patches.
Although there are various types of hyperpigmentation, the common ones are:
- Sunspots/Liver spots: This is caused by excessive exposure to the sun. They are seen mostly in the face and hands.
- Melasma: This is caused by hormonal changes. Melasma may occur during pregnancy and is seen mostly on the face and stomach.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: This occurs when the skin is injured or there is skin inflammation. Acne is a common cause.
Now, let us discuss the role of Kumkumadi oil in pigmentation of the skin. Kumkumadi oil is a powerful Ayurvedic oil that has been used successfully over the years in handling several skin conditions. Kumkumadi oil can take care of skin issues like acne, scars, dryness, inflammation, and skin infections. Kumkumadi oil, also known as Kumkumadi tailam, is made with several premium ingredients that contribute to its unique qualities. Globally, Kumkumadi tailam for pigmentation of the skin has proven to be an effective solution to hyperpigmentation. So, if you are asking, ‘Is Kumkumadi tailam good for pigmentation?’. The answer is definitely a big ‘YES!’. Are you looking to maintain an even skin tone? Do you need a powerful skin moisturizer to get rid of skin dryness? All this and much more is possible when you use Kumkumadi oil! Let us now consider its unique ingredients and qualities that make Kumkumadi oil for skin pigmentation.
Benefits of Kumkumadi oil in pigmentation:
If you need to treat hyperpigmentation, Kumkumadi oil is an excellent choice. The benefits of Kumkumadi oil in pigmentation are linked to its unique ingredients. These ingredients include:
- Licorice root extract (Madhuyashtika): Licorice is a well-known ayurvedic herb with excellent skin lightening properties. It functions by inhibiting the enzyme tyrosinase. In the production of melanin, the tyrosinase enzyme catalyses the initial step. Tyrosinase is needed in the conversation step that produces melanin. This usually occurs as a defensive mechanism when injury is done to the skin by excessive sun exposure, picking or inflammation. For example, when you have a pimple and there is inflammation, tyrosine will cause excess melanin production. This causes scars. So, the presence of Licorice (a tyrosine inhibitor) in Kumkumadi oil makes it an effective treatment in reducing dark pigmentation from scars. The advantage of Kumkumadi oil over other chemical portions for pigmentation is that targeting and inhibiting this specific enzyme has been proven by research not to cause any harmful effect anywhere else in the body. So Kumkumadi oil in pigmentation is effective without causing bad side effects.
- Wild Himalayan Cherry (Padma): This herb in Kumkumadi oil is commonly used for the treatment of skin diseases and brightens the skin complexion.
- Leaves of the Banyan tree (Nyarodhna): This ingredient also has skin lightening properties and is used in treating skin infections.
- Vetiver roots (Usheera): Extracts of Vetiver are present in Kumkumadi oil. Vetiver is known to lighten stubborn dark spots and create an even skin tone. It is fantastic in reducing symptoms of ageing like blemishes and wrinkles by tightening the skin, making it look youthful. The high antioxidant content of this root extract makes it excellent for skin protection from environmental stressors. With Kumkumadi oil, acne and pimples can be considered a thing of the past because of the antiseptic and antimicrobial properties of Vetiver. You are guaranteed to get a fresh and beautiful glow.
With these wonderful ingredients in Kumkumadi oil, this oil is simply a miracle in a bottle. It is therefore not surprising that the oil is globally acclaimed as an effective treatment for hyperpigmentation. If your desire is to achieve and maintain an even skin tone, then Kumkumadi oil is a must-have. The oil will not only brighten your skin, it will also repair any skin damage, giving you an overall flawless look.