Kumkumadi Oil For Pigmentation
Is it beneficial to use kumkumadi oil for skin pigmentation?
Unravel the whole truth here.
To fully appreciate the benefits of Kumkumadi oil in the pigmentation of the skin, it is important that we first understand what skin pigmentation and hyperpigmentation really mean.
What does skin pigmentation mean?
When we hear the word ‘pigmentation’, we think of colours. Skin pigmentation is simply the colouring of the skin. The colour of your skin is due to a pigment called melanin. Skin conditions that cause changes to the colour of your skin are called skin pigmentation disorders.
What is hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is a term that describes skin that appears darker. In hyperpigmentation, there is excessive production of the natural skin pigment, melanin, which is transferred to the top layer of the skin, making it darker. Most times, hyperpigmentation is harmless. But sometimes, it could be a pointer to an underlying medical condition. However, in most people, hyperpigmentation is simply a cosmetic issue. Hyperpigmentation may affect the whole body or cover large skin areas. It may also occur in small patches.
Although there are various types of hyperpigmentation, the common ones are:
- Sunspots/Liver spots: This is caused by excessive exposure to the sun. They are seen mostly in the face and hands.
- Melasma: This is caused by hormonal changes. Melasma may occur during pregnancy and is seen mostly on the face and stomach.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: This occurs when the skin is injured or there is skin inflammation. Acne is a common cause.
Now, let us discuss the role of Kumkumadi oil in pigmentation of the skin. Kumkumadi oil is a powerful Ayurvedic oil that has been used successfully over the years in handling several skin conditions. Kumkumadi oil can take care of skin issues like acne, scars, dryness, inflammation, and skin infections. Kumkumadi oil, also known as Kumkumadi tailam, is made with several premium ingredients that contribute to its unique qualities. Globally, Kumkumadi tailam for pigmentation of the skin has proven to be an effective solution to hyperpigmentation. So, if you are asking, ‘Is Kumkumadi tailam good for pigmentation?’. The answer is definitely a big ‘YES!’. Are you looking to maintain an even skin tone? Do you need a powerful skin moisturizer to get rid of skin dryness? All this and much more is possible when you use Kumkumadi oil! Let us now consider its unique ingredients and qualities that make Kumkumadi oil for skin pigmentation
Ingredients in kumkumadi oil
If you need to treat hyperpigmentation, Kumkumadi oil is an excellent choice. The benefits of Kumkumadi oil in pigmentation are linked to its unique ingredients. These ingredients include:
- Licorice root extract (Madhuyashtika): Licorice is a well-known ayurvedic herb with excellent skin lightening properties. It functions by inhibiting the enzyme tyrosinase. In the production of melanin, the tyrosinase enzyme catalyses the initial step. Tyrosinase is needed in the conversation step that produces melanin. This usually occurs as a defensive mechanism when injury is done to the skin by excessive sun exposure, picking or inflammation. For example, when you have a pimple and there is inflammation, tyrosine will cause excess melanin production. This causes scars. So, the presence of Licorice (a tyrosine inhibitor) in Kumkumadi oil makes it an effective treatment in reducing dark pigmentation from scars. The advantage of Kumkumadi oil over other chemical portions for pigmentation is that targeting and inhibiting this specific enzyme has been proven by research not to cause any harmful effect anywhere else in the body. So Kumkumadi oil in pigmentation is effective without causing bad side effects.
- Wild Himalayan Cherry (Padma): This herb in Kumkumadi oil is commonly used for the treatment of skin diseases and brightens the skin complexion.
- Leaves of the Banyan tree (Nyarodhna): This ingredient also has skin lightening properties and is used in treating skin infections.
- Vetiver roots (Usheera): Extracts of Vetiver are present in Kumkumadi oil. Vetiver is known to lighten stubborn dark spots and create an even skin tone. It is fantastic in reducing symptoms of ageing like blemishes and wrinkles by tightening the skin, making it look youthful. The high antioxidant content of this root extract makes it excellent for skin protection from environmental stressors. With Kumkumadi oil, acne and pimples can be considered a thing of the past because of the antiseptic and antimicrobial properties of Vetiver. You are guaranteed to get a fresh and beautiful glow.
With these wonderful ingredients in Kumkumadi oil, this oil is simply a miracle in a bottle. It is therefore not surprising that the oil is globally acclaimed as an effective treatment for hyperpigmentation. If your desire is to achieve and maintain an even skin tone, then Kumkumadi oil is a must-have. The oil will not only brighten your skin, it will also repair any skin damage, giving you an overall flawless look.
benefits of kumkumadi oil
An ayurvedic concoction of herbs known as Kumkumadi tailam or Kumkumadi oil for pigmentation is an effective remedy for treating various skin conditions and being able to boost skin health. The oil, which also functions as a moisturiser, is suitable for skin types of virtually all textures, but it is particularly suitable for skin that is sensitive to dryness or flakiness. This tailam is a wholesome beauty product made from plant, flower, and fruit extracts aimed at whitening the complexion, reducing wrinkles, fine lines, wrinkles around the eyes, dark spots, pimples, and treating skin conditions like hyperpigmentation, allergies, eczema.
The skin-lightening properties of saffron have made it a fabled ingredient. It plays an important role in enhancing skin complexion when used with other herbs and red thread. Its antibacterial and antioxidant properties will facilitate blood circulation as well as the rejuvenation of the skin. This oil has been extensively studied for its abilities to reduce sun tan and provide a radiant and healthy glow in your by using it regularly in your beauty routine.
Kumkumadi oil for pigmentation, Kumkumadi oil and almond oil should be mixed equal proportions and applied with a moistened cotton ball all over the face. The oil should stay on your face overnight. For an improved complexion and to reduce spots, follow these skincare beauty routines before bedtime.
Having an amazing antioxidant profile, this oil influences the epidermal inflammation response of the skin, which leads to increased oxidation of arachidonic acid stimulates the release of leukotrienes, prostaglandins, etc. Hyperpigmentation is likely a result of the release of these chemicals that affect melanocytes and immune cells. Kumkumadi tailam is very powerful in terms of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which effectively drop inflammation and increase antioxidant production. It also prevents the production of any dark spots, marks, or patches because it reduces the production of melanin in the skin.
Acne and pimple prevention:
Kumkumadi tailam is an extremely effective remedy for skin infections and inflammatory conditions such as acne and pimples due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties. Through the use of the oil, dead skin cells and dirt and grime accumulate in skin pores, and the oil works as a mild cleanser for the skin. Acne, as well as redness and pain, are reduced as a consequence of preventing infections in the sebaceous glands.
To treat acne and pimples, mix the shankha bhashma with a drop of Kumkumadi tailam. Apply this mixture to the affected areas. When this mixture is applied regularly, it treats and prevents acne as well as provides cooling effects to the skin.
Reduces spots and blemishes :
A blemish, spot or dark circle on the skin makes it appear dull and aged, and can negatively impact a person’s confidence. A number of conditions contribute to blemishes, including hormonal imbalance, resulting from Vata-Pitta doshas, damaging sun exposure, unhealthy eating habits, and aging. Sandalwood, turmeric, and saffron are among the numerous ingredients that work to promote healthy skin.
It plays a crucial role in reducing dark circles under the eyes by whitening the skin under the eyes. The regular application of this oil is known to even out the complexion and prevent further discoloration.
It Serves as a Sunscreen :
Researchers conclude that Sunflower Oil with SPF 30 contains saffron pollens as natural sunblock. Saffron oil, almond oil, rose oil, sesame oil, turmeric extracts, sandalwood, vetiver, and manjistha are all natural anti-tanning, anti-aging oils and herbs that provide ample protection against UVA and UVB rays.
Lessens Scars :
Despite the fact that acne and pimples heal, they can leave impossibly ugly scars behind. Getting rid of scars is difficult, and the results often cause self-doubt. Kumkum and Haldi enriched oil is of great significance in helping to eliminate and prevent scarring. Additionally, the oil has a low specific gravity which makes it easy to penetrate deep within the skin and lighten scars. This oil immediately begins to work as soon as you start using it for acne treatment. It prevents scarring from the very beginning. With the application of tea tree oil and this oil, scars can be reduced and lightened even after the later stages.
The antiseptic, antibacterial, and disinfectant properties of Kumkumadi tailam are well known. This combination of herbs and oil is not only able to improve the complexion of the skin, but also heal wounds and prevent skin infection with its anti-fungal properties. In addition to reducing rash, itching, and painful sensations, floral extracts have soothing properties as well.
Gives natural glow:
The active ingredient in this product is a natural extract of herbs from plants that play a significant role in the enhancement of skin’s natural tone.
In addition to repairing the damage caused by free radicals, the antioxidants aid in elevating proper blood circulation. The key ingredient in this oil is red and gold saffron, which further hydrates and brightens the skin, enhancing its natural glow.
Evens out skin tone:
You can add kumkumadi oil to your daily beauty regimen for amazing results. Regularly massaging your skin before bed can help improve skin composition and make it more radiant. By regular massage, you can prevent the signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines. Your skin will glow from the inside out.
Heals damaged and inflamed skin:
The antiseptic, antibacterial, and disinfectant properties of Kumkumadi oil for pigmentation have been known for ages. Healing wounds, infections, and scars can be accomplished by using the unique and absolute blend of herbs and natural oils. Itching, burning sensations, and rashes can be reduced by using this oil’s soothing properties. Massages with oils containing tea tree oil promote the healing of damaged, inflamed skin and lighten scarring.
How To Use Kumkumadi Tailam?
Even though this oil is good for all skin types, it is recommended that people with oily skin use it in minute quantities to avoid making their skin greasy. The following steps will show you how to apply the oil effectively:
Make sure you remove all makeup
- Wash your face with a mild facial cleanser.
- Take a small amount of Kumkumadi Tailam and apply some to your hands and apply it to your face, neck, and any other parts that are affected.
- Massage it steadily in a circular motion upwards for 5 to 10 minutes.
When applying the oil, keep in mind to let it rest for at least two to three hours before rinsing it off. Apply it before bedtime and allow it to stay for 24 hours. Dry skin can be treated with it. It is worthwhile to wash off the mask after three hours, if you have oily skin, to prevent oil and grime from building up overnight.